Prev: [DS} a few of questions Next: Re: Narrowed Re: Movies

Re:Movies

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 20:57:52 +0100
Subject: Re:Movies

I have been reading the movies sugestions without any comments so far,
but I
will add my own <G> anyway.

People have said outlands, and I agree. The only thing that spoiled this
movie for me was the fact I had been reading/watching different science
books/programs at the time, and knew that IO (where it`s set) is a
sulpherus
volcanic moon, traped within a magnetic band that means IO is permanetly
bathed in high radiation. Why it wasn`t set on either europa or titan,
which
I consider better places, is beyond me.

As for the sci-fi films, I would say all of them that involve space
ships or
space battles. The only exception would be soilder, which is probably
the
worst film I`ve ever seen (and that is saying something).

For the anime, any gundam is excellent, especially any of the OAV
productions. I would also suggest nadesco, LoGH, sol bianca, gunbuster
(highly amusing) and others with spaceships blowing the crap out of each
other <G>. One of my personal favorites is bubblegum crisis, in my
opinion,
the best cyberpunk ever. Also, look up tenchi muyio (sorry for the
spelling), for some excellent spaceship designs (grown from trees!).

As you may have guessed, my tastes are a bit limited <G>.

Prev: [DS} a few of questions Next: Re: Narrowed Re: Movies