Prev: Re: Serendipity (sp?), TV, Gundam and minis was Re: Photos (was:Re: New IF ships) Next: Re: [OT] Map Maker Program?

Re: [DS] Infantry and Weapon Limits

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:33:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] Infantry and Weapon Limits

At 10:34 AM -0400 7/13/01, Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>  Strictly IMO, it should be funny some time when a player insists on
>trying to fire infantry in an 'evading' (Is that the term?  Senior
>moment) GEV/Grav IFV on making him roll dice to see if he suffers a
>'fumble' (hit other IFV, shooters become casualties from being slammed
>around interior of vehicle...) even if the GM really doesn't make it

Screw that. They'd be holding on for dear life.

>[snip]
>Hey, how about allowing infantry effective fire from an open top
APC/IFV
>as a reason to build open top vehicles?

Depends. I lean towards the idea of using the Big cargo hatch like in
the back of the M113. But then seeing the Israelis running around
with 4 guys in the back of those even now, all with Light and Med
MGs, half of an ACAV team would still be a lot of firepower.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -