Prev: Re:(SG) Has anyone rated up these forces........ Next: Re: [FT] Sa'Vasku Interceptor Pods

RE: [FT] Honor Harrington update

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:40:54 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Honor Harrington update

On Thursday, July 12, 2001 3:19 PM, Bif Smith
[SMTP:bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk] wrote:
> > Yes, but you need to also pay for the launchers on top of the pod
rail
> > system. (effectively 6 mass per launcher).
> And come without ammo? Seams to fit the mass figures (I think).

It get's the normal 20 missiles per mass of launcher for free (don't
include
the rail system mass in the calculation).

> NO, what I mean is that do you require a firecon per pod launched, as
> missile broadside (even one of 24 missiles) can be ONE launcher Vs 6
pods.

Only one firecon required, regardless of #pods launched.

> It`s related to this, but what I`m saying is say a ship deploys 6 pods
per
> turn, with no acceleration, for 3 turns. Could it fire all 18 pods at
once?

Yes, but there needs to be a game balancing factor, or the Q-ship/pod
ship
will always win.

> > > 5-What about decoys (or did I miss them)? Y/N
> > Decoys are subsumed under the countermissile rules for simplicity.
> >

> Yes, decoys work within the PDS, but what about using decoys to lure
the
> target off course (making them mimmic another ship). Or is it just too
> complicated?

It get's too complicated under FT rules.  Including full decoy rules
starts
approaching SFB.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[sstrike] Raider Fleet of War Leader Kel'em'all

Prev: Re:(SG) Has anyone rated up these forces........ Next: Re: [FT] Sa'Vasku Interceptor Pods