Prev: Re: [OT] SFSFW was Re: New New Israelis Next: [FT] Sa'Vasku Interceptor Pods

Re: [FT] Fighter Balance (was: FT-Number crunching required)

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:18:37 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter Balance (was: FT-Number crunching required)

On 11-Jul-01 at 04:12, Alan and Carmel Brain
(aebrain@austarmetro.com.au)
wrote: > From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil>

> > How would you read the situation? How many fighter groups are too
weak to
> be
> > of value. How many are too many as to be overpowering if the other
side
> does
> > not have any?
>
> Even a few fighter groups are useful on the defence.
> As for overwhelming - as long as you have at least 2/3 of the
opposition's
> fighters, you should be OK. Less, and you will get creamed in the
> Fighter to Fighter combats.

One thing I like to point out to my opponents who complain about
fighters.  One fighters squadron masses the same as 9 PDS's,
or 8 and a ADFC.  This doesn't help much in a one-off, but in
a game where you don't face random ships every time it can
make a big difference.

Prev: Re: [OT] SFSFW was Re: New New Israelis Next: [FT] Sa'Vasku Interceptor Pods