Prev: RE: (SG)Check those numbers (long) Next: RE: David's vehicle design

New FAQ, was...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:30:16 +0200
Subject: New FAQ, was...

Sorry David, but I can't see why the person who compiles the FAQ
questions
"has" to have some sort of official standing.

In fact, in my experience (mostly from Starfire) it's the other way
around:
the persons who compile the list of questions for the FAQ should be ones

who have *not* known the rules more or less by heart for several years -

when you know the rules this well you usually miss unclear rule sections

which should be discussed in the FAQ, since you don't find them unclear
yourself!

Your requirements are appropriate for those who *answer* the questions
[officially], of course - but if you let those people *compile* the list
of
questions as well, you'll get no better result than the current FAQ.
Which,
I'd like to point out, you're not satisfied with...

Over to you,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: (SG)Check those numbers (long) Next: RE: David's vehicle design