Prev: Re: [OT]Look alike figures and copyright Next: Re: [FT] Idea: Fighter MRSM

RE: [FT] Idea: Fighter MRSM

From: "Brian Bell" <bbell1@i...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:09:35 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Idea: Fighter MRSM

Suffer same penalty as Torpedo Fighters? I.e. They act as Attack
Fighters in fighter on fighter combat.

Over the long run, they would be much more effective than Torpedo
Fighters, as they would never have to make Morale checks (unless
abushed by other fighters). If you do even 1 point of damage with PDS
against Torpedo Fighters, there is a chance of them missing a Morale
check.

If you put this in, I would think that you would also need to add an
XPDS (Extended Point Defense System). Mass 1, cost 3, may attack any
fighter group within 12mu, roll of 5 kills 1, roll of 6 kills 2 (and
rerolls). Vs Hvy Fighters, ignore rolls of 5. XPDS may fire each
round. Does not have anti-ship mode.

- ---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com