Prev: [FT] Sa'Vasku Stingers Quesiton Next: Re: FT-Maths check

Re: FT-Maths check

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 21:27:20 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-Maths check

----- Original Message -----
From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 3:30 PM

> I don't have any kind of spreadsheet set up to
> do mixed tech or FT1 designs, but my Omega
> destroyer is at
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~dwgriffin/un.jpg
>
> I like to see it in battle so I made it cheap.
> A 1000 point pickup I can have either an Omega
> and two Hyperions, or an Omega and a Victory.
> I also have a fighter version that is much more
> expensive.
>
> What kinds of games are you playing? Mixing C
> batteries with Kra'vak railguns? I find even
> without the Earthforce sourcebook heavy beams,
> my type 4's give me a pretty good feel for
> the ship. Are you fighting in the B5 universe?
> If so, the Earthforce Sourcebook had everything
> already spec'ed out pretty well.
>

> --- Bif Smith <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > Can someone check my designs for my omega destroyer,
> > as it was done quickly
> > from memory and in only 5 mins (I`m away from my
> > books at the moment).
> >
> > Mass=181
> > Cost=655
> > Hull=48
> > Thrust=2
> > Screens=x2
> > (thinking thrust=4 and no screens, any opinions?)
> > Equipment=3xFCs, 4xPDS, 8xCl.2 (3A) bats,
> > 4xfighters, 4xK3 (instead of beam
> > bats, wonder if this would work instead of using the
> > different beam bat
> > ideas on the WDA?).
> >
> > Any comments?
> >
> > BIF
> >
> > "Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
> > strong in arms, thick in head"

> http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Mixing C bats, what C bats? I checked your site (love the photos with
the
SSD`s). Am I correct in saying the furies air defence cruiser is the
fleet
action scale nova dreadnought? Also, what is the miniture used for the
oracle light cruiser? I don`t recognise it (hanging my sci fi head in
shame
<G>).