Prev: Re: Claim your Free 4-In-1 Super Pen, it's been paid for by... Next: Re: Why superships cost more per mass

Re: Claim your Free 4-In-1 Super Pen,it's been paid for by...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:00:28 EDT
Subject: Re: Claim your Free 4-In-1 Super Pen,it's been paid for by...

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 07:03:51 +1000 "Jeremy Sadler"
<webmaster@stargrunt.com> writes:
>> I get spam e-mails quite frequently that were apparently sent by me.
>> contacted my ISP and was informed that it's quite common now
>> among spammers to
>> use the e-mail address of the recipient as the sender to fool spam
>guards.
>> It's much more common among free e-mail providers (Juno, Hotmail,
>Yahoo,
>> etc.).
>
>I've known them to actually "steal" email addresses and post LOTS of
>spam
>from them. My wife had that problem, as she was getting lots of
>bounced
>messages for stuff she never sent. She contacted her ISP and let them
>know
>what was going on before they got complaints and shut her address
>down.
>
>I think they tend to only use the one address for a little while, then
>move
>on, as the problem hasn't reoccured.
>
>Jeremy

Well, they can move on as soon possible, thank you very much.  Thanks
for
the encouraging example.  Sorry it was from your wife's first hand
experience, though.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Claim your Free 4-In-1 Super Pen, it's been paid for by... Next: Re: Why superships cost more per mass