Prev: Re: GZG catalog item pics needed Next: Re: [SG2] Generic Weapons? (was Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons???)

RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:34:44 -0500
Subject: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

> > > Yes, but corruption and amortation of costs would
> > > happen in all classes of ships, not just the big
> > > ones. I don't see why big ships would have MORE
> > > corruption.
> >
> > More opportunity?
> >
> > Longer construction time, more workers, larger
> > budgets to hide stuff in,
> > more political graft involved, etc.
>
> More oversight too. Big important project, lots
> of oversight from congress, the military, and
> the press. Congress and the press would each love
> to catch someone in the act of graft. Great grist
> for the mill.

Yes... So why doesn't it happen more often? <g> Are you suggesting that
we
don't have that at the moment? Besides, (for example) I suspect from the
"models" being used for the GZG nation-states that most if not all the
countries do *not* have the Freedom of Information that we have here in
the
US. Call in a matter of national interest or an official secret and it
*won't* get reported at all (in the NAC) or you just disappear (in the
ESU),
in the NSL and the FSE I wonder.

We have it *good* here in the old USA, sort of. <g>

Prev: Re: GZG catalog item pics needed Next: Re: [SG2] Generic Weapons? (was Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons???)