Prev: Re: [SG2] Generic Weapons? (was Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons???) Next: [sg] More on the Gurkhas

RE: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:18:50 -0400
Subject: RE: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

At 10:24 PM -0400 6/28/01, Brian Bell wrote:

>Highlanders, Ghurkas, Dorsai, Saudakar, Fremen ... the terror is from
>the reputation of what they are facing. Bagpipes, unique uniforms,
>etc. are just a means of announcing that fact.

Heh, Some real, some not...

>On the other hand, if the unit reputation has not made it to the
>planet (or is discounted), the effect will not be present ("The Mad
>Harlequins?!?! I ain't afraid o' no clowns"). It might even handycap

In any protracted engagement, I'd bet the reputation would quickly
become known. All it takes is one guy that speculates based on what
his great great grandfather said, and then a bit of proof on the
battle field, and the secret is out.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: [SG2] Generic Weapons? (was Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons???) Next: [sg] More on the Gurkhas