Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: Re: [SG2] Generic Weapons? (was Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons???)

RE: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

From: "Brian Bell" <bbell1@i...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:24:42 -0400
Subject: RE: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

Agreed.

Highlanders, Ghurkas, Dorsai, Saudakar, Fremen ... the terror is from
the reputation of what they are facing. Bagpipes, unique uniforms,
etc. are just a means of announcing that fact.

On the other hand, if the unit reputation has not made it to the
planet (or is discounted), the effect will not be present ("The Mad
Harlequins?!?! I ain't afraid o' no clowns"). It might even handycap
the unit with the reputation as they may unconsiously expect the
opposition to fear them ("This is the part when you run away --
Shrek).

- ---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com