Prev: Re: [SG] Re: Terminator Miniature Help needed Next: Re: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

RE: [OT but important] Re: Claim your Free 4-In-1 Super Pen,it's been paid for by...

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <webmaster@s...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 07:03:51 +1000
Subject: RE: [OT but important] Re: Claim your Free 4-In-1 Super Pen,it's been paid for by...

> I get spam e-mails quite frequently that were apparently sent by me. I
> contacted my ISP and was informed that it's quite common now
> among spammers to
> use the e-mail address of the recipient as the sender to fool spam
guards.
> It's much more common among free e-mail providers (Juno, Hotmail,
Yahoo,
> etc.).

I've known them to actually "steal" email addresses and post LOTS of
spam
from them. My wife had that problem, as she was getting lots of bounced
messages for stuff she never sent. She contacted her ISP and let them
know
what was going on before they got complaints and shut her address down.

I think they tend to only use the one address for a little while, then
move
on, as the problem hasn't reoccured.