Prev: Re: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR Next: Re: [SG] Re: Terminator Miniature Help needed

Re: [SG] Re: Terminator Miniature Help needed

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:18:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Re: Terminator Miniature Help needed

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> I've been cogitating, and looking at the large pile of unfinished
models in
> the garage(the office, the basement, the bedroom... Did I mention my
SO's a
> saint?), and I think I may have some hairbrained 25mm suggestions.
>
> For the ground HK, give a look at the Lost in Space movie Robot. It's
not
> the symetrical fore and aft tread structure of the Term's, but with
some
> mod/replacement on the torso, looks like it might work. Well, I don't
have
> this kit, so can't comment on the size/scale part.
>
> For the aerial HK, I've an Esci 1/72 Osprey that looks like a good
start.
> Slicing off the cockpit and the lower half of the body, replacing the
tail
> planes, and putting some jets on the wing tips, say, from an A-10
Warthog
> kit, and you might have something there.

Hmmm... it's been ages since I've seen either of the Terminator movies,
so
I don't have a great idea what the aerial HK looks like, but what you're
proposing sounds a bit like my tilt-turbine VTOL -
http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2gallery.html, the bottom set of photos -
which
I kitbashed from the body of a Russian Hokum attack helo & the wings and
engines of an A-10, all in 1/144th scale for my 15mm SG2 troops.

That was a fun kitbash, and it's a pretty cool vehicle - it gets lots of
attention when it's on the table, and not just from people trying to
shoot
it down...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -