Prev: Re: All pilots have certain traits in common... Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

Re: [OT] Dutch Treats

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:19:09 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Dutch Treats

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:

> 1986 I'm afraid. But as you can see, it still remains in my memory. It
was
> either
> on or near Willem de Zwiegerlaan IIRC.

Mm. Just about when I started buying miniatures there :)

> I just took the A-1 from Hengelo past
> Appledoorn, turned left towards Utrecht, right at a really complex
> intersection
> that gave you vertigo at the topmost level, then on to S'gravenhage
(not the
> most easy place name to say if you're not a Dutchman... when
pronounced
> properly it sounds as if you've just coughed up one lung and most of
your
> oesophagus...).  By Australian standards, virtually next door.

Yup. And by the standards of dutchmen quite far away. ESPECIALLY in the
west the east seems very far away. Whereas if you're in the east, folks
find it ever so natural you travel west all the damn time ;)

> Have you any idea how difficult it is for a non-Dutch speaker to find
> wargaming
> shop in the Netherlands? It's difficult enough for a Native...

A lot easier, nowadays, what with the internet. That is, games clubs are
easy to find. Most folks mail-order anyway, for figures.

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7Ofl2JXH58oo6ncURAo7hAKCXeLWgDTbdMsmMB9vbVeTDfDacGACfehXL
Yhge+0urR7MTNQapFVLBFUg=
=EQPl

Prev: Re: All pilots have certain traits in common... Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?