Prev: RE: [FT]Star Trek rules? Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

RE: [FT]Star Trek rules?

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:19:07 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT]Star Trek rules?

> > Thanks for sharing both the gallery and the ship
> > design, though. Your boys
> > look like monsters, but maybe we can come up with
> > some proper nasties for
> > 'em.
>
> I thought they were fairly general, though I do
> love the big gun and they're heavily screened. That
> isn't much help against the kra'vak I can tell you.
> I can beat the Kra'vak with my B5 Earthforce ships
> (as UN) but I have yet to win a battle with my Feds
> against them. Also, if you notice, lots of my ships
> have weak hulls, so if you can get past the crunchy
> exterior, they pop all too quickly. If you use them,
> let me know how they do. What I do notice is that a
> good sized Federation fleet can do nasty damage at
> range to an opponent who has limited range on his
> weapons.

Also IIRC you play vector rules mainly.  Some of those designs are very
heavily weighted with single arc weapons, front arc only (Andor Cruiser
with
6 Pulse Torps fwd) and would tough to fly in a cinematic game.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/

Prev: RE: [FT]Star Trek rules? Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?