Prev: Re: [FT] Sensors and Sensibility(long) Next: Fighter Customization Rules

Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

--- Don M <dmaddox1@hot.rr.com> wrote:
> David,
>      I have many of the same models and reached many
> of the same conclusions
> as to ship classes. ( Many of yours are superior and
> I'm making changes lol)

Thanks.

> The
> only real differences are that I went by the size of
> the model in
> determining it's class

I did too, except in a couple of cases (Voyager
and the Defiant, though even for these they are
actually bigger ships in class then I would have
made them at first). Which ships do you find out
of scale?

Remember the Repulse class and the Excelsior class
are both excelsior minis, but the Repulse is a
battleship (because it's small) and the Excelsior
is an SDN because of it's size. Same with enterprise
D's (some are small -- micromachines, and some are
bigger -- rawcliffe). The small Enterprise E's have
been sovereign class battleships up to now. Now that
I have a big sovereign mini, I'll probably change the
name of the battleship and use Sovereign for the
explorer class (in 300mass range).

> and converted and scratch built  what wasn't
> commercially available. I used

I'd like to see these scratchbuilds. I bought a
bunch of scratchbuilds from a guy on ebay and
some of them are quite neat.

> all these
> originally for Starfleet Battles and am no in the
> process of converting the
> races from
> that system over to Full Thrust. I have the Feds and
> Klingons done,

There's a guy in our group who has the Klingons spec'd
like he likes them and he plays them all the time.
They aren't overarmed but they are VERY tough to
destroy.

> have
> the Kzinti
> about fifty percent done. That just leaves the
> Romulan, Gorn, Hydran, and
> Lyran left
> to do for the standard races and the Frax and Qaris
> from the simulator book.

I'd like to see them when you're done.

Prev: Re: [FT] Sensors and Sensibility(long) Next: Fighter Customization Rules