Prev: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG] Next: Re: Super-Duper Sensor System

RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:25:32 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

In a campaign setting I would also apply an endurance factor on
non-attacking fighters. 1 per 3 turns they move, but are not in combat.
This
would give them a maximum range of 9 turns out (216mu) and 9 turns
back*. Of
course if they get caught more than 3 turns out, they are down on
endurance.

Fighters are fast, but should not have unlimited fuel or unlimited
flexibility.

-----
Brian Bell
-----
* assums fighters do not conserve momentum. If they conserve momentum,
they
would get further 4 turns out (240mu), 4 turns to slow to a stop (240mu
for
a total of 480mu), then burn back (assumes no coasting). But again if
they
run into something moveing that fast, they could not slow down do do
anything about it.