Prev: Re: E-E mini (was: Size Class Escalation) Next: Re: E-E mini (was: Size Class Escalation)

RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:08:32 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:

> I would make an amending suggestion.
> For ships with weapons that have a maximum range greater than 36, the
> identify range is equal to the longest range weapon on board.
>
> Examples:
>  Komorov SDN (Class-4 Beams)

Err. This one is already identifiable by passive means at 220 (actually
220.220), due to it's mass of 220?

>  Any Sa'Vasku with 8 power points (using 12mu range bands)

Smallest example: STING, passive identifiable at 40.04, reach 60"

I can see your point here.

>  Any Sa'Vasku with 16 power points (using 9mu range bands)

Smallest example: SLINKY, passive identifiable at 64.064, reach 55"

So, with the adjusted range bands, there is no reason to make this
modification. Or am I misunderstanding things here?

Oh, and as for power 32 ships, that does not occur until a mass of 160
is
reach (detection at 160.160)

Cheers,

    Derk

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7OIl+JXH58oo6ncURAgviAKCHYGx9+YPdYpgxhD578a019ZaEigCguYfQ
std+qXvwjmpOjW0hLHujDQM=
=Fii3

Prev: Re: E-E mini (was: Size Class Escalation) Next: Re: E-E mini (was: Size Class Escalation)