Prev: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG] Next: Re: E-E mini (was: Size Class Escalation)

Re: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:52:27 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

Interesting stuff, I was thinking on something like this for the SF
campaign I was planning. Nothing makes players sweat like not KNOWING
what
something is. Is it a carrier or a supertanker? ;)

Some of it seemed, at the very first glance, dreadfully complicated
(like
the 0.001*mass + 1*warp capable + 1xthrust), but once you realize that
for
a jump capable ship the first factor is irrelevant, similarly for a ship
under thrust, it's suddenly a lot less intimidating.

I suspect giving a playtest or two, they'd be quite workable for my use
at
least :)

Who cares about the 'dull weapon stuff', when you don't even know where
your enemy is, huh?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7OIWTJXH58oo6ncURAjAxAKDrllLGshpIs65A6FmmcH7vVj4IUwCghDkU
ItR+RTNuI82hLFBDwchFiTo=
=h2lV

Prev: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG] Next: Re: E-E mini (was: Size Class Escalation)