Prev: RE: FT in a Fluid Next: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

Re: E-E mini (was: Size Class Escalation)

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 04:36:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: E-E mini (was: Size Class Escalation)

Well, it's about 6" long maybe a bit longer. It's
just a bit bigger than the RAFM Excelsior miniature
made for FASA, but cast in resin rather than lead
or pewter. Supposedly it's 1/3900 and made to sit
next to the DS9 model.

I bought it on Ebay from Impulse Models. Another
possibility might be the Hallmark ornaments. I
don't know if that's the same size or not. It cost
be about $20 as I recall.

There's an Enterprise E from rawcliffe, but it's
smaller, about Constitution size in micro machines,
and from other sources.

I also bought a Defiant for about $15 and an
Enterprise C. The Defiant is about 2.5 inches
long (about the size of the micromachine). The
Enterprise C is bigger than the E, or looks that
way. It's supposed to be 1/3900 too, but one of
them is probably not. The defiant is one piece,
but the Enterprise C needs some assembly which
I haven't done yet.

I also bought a nebula class cruiser made by FXM
on ebay that I haven't assembled yet. It's bigger
than the models I've discussed so far and considerable
assembly is required. Don't know what I'll do with
that one yet. It also looks kind of delicate.

FASA's website still has a few star trek miniatures
for sale (including some rawcliffe ones). The Star
Trek Experience in Las Vegas (and their online store)
sells some current rawcliffe miniatures. Task Force
Games is back in business and turning out some new
miniatures (including a pretty neat set of Fed
miniatures including a new battlecruiser, heavy
cruiser, light cruiser, and destroyer).

There is a rumour that Decipher (who recently bought
the license for Star Trek RPG/boardgames) is about
to put out a new combat game for Star Trek called
Engage which will have a new line of miniatures. I'm
hopeful that a whole range of cool ships which don't
have miniatures up to now will get them then.

--- Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk>