Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #561

Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:38:20 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

At 12:57  25/06/01 -0600, Jeremy Seeley wrote:
>Phasers work fine
> > as beams.  Photons work fine as p-torps.  Disruptors work fine as
> > beams also.  Remember the most phasers we ever see fired are two.
At
> > most one photon.  I don't remember a ship firing more than one
disruptor.

> > Plasmas would need work.  Energy allocation is below the level of
> > granularity of FT.	If you want complicated play SFB.
>
>I remember seeing three photon torpedoes fired in succession in one of
the
>movies.... but it seems to me that it was in First Contact (not an
original
>series....).

They were the new quantum torpedos and I don't know about the 'E' but
the
Enterprise-D carried two forward firing launchers in 'neck' they were
linear accelerators, each capable of launching up to 10 torpedos at a
time
(because that's what they could fit in the launcher) read this in the
ST:TNG tech manual.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #561