Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was:[OT]UnpredictableAI)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:26:05 +1000
Subject: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was:[OT]UnpredictableAI)

G'day,

 >Ships and fighters have different tradeoffs.
 >Fighters are trading endurance, number of
 >"shots", ect -- for speed.  That is: the ability
 >to deliver a respectable amount of firepower
 >to a given location or enemy unit in a short
 >time.
 >Ships on the otherhand give up speed inorder
 >to have enormous endurance, awesome
 >firepower, large crews, ect.	When it does
 >catch something...it dies.

So in those terms what thrust rating would you give fighters?

 >(Where I live, any drive longer than a 1/2 hour is a "vacation".

As I now live in Tassie I'm beginning to become familiar with this point
of
view, before then I would've been lost though as 1/2 an hour wouldn't
have
got you to town where I grew up ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?