Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

RE: [FT]Star Trek rules?

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:38:06 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: RE: [FT]Star Trek rules?

You shouldn't miss Dean's ST work on the Sci-Fi Cross overseries.  Good
stuff.	He's also helped me with modeling ST:TNG ships too.  See:

http://www.pcisys.net/~stanczyk/new_trek2.jpg

It's a work in progress.  I finally have a good place to play with lots
of people to corrupt, er, introduce to FT so I need to finish them soon.
I'm working on a intro scenario based around the Klingon (un)civil war.

Mike

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Dean Gundberg wrote:

> > But now a friend of mine wants to do some Trek space combat games.
> > I recommended FT. Are there any good conversion rules somewhere
> > on the net?
> > I know there was a discussion about trek energy fields on the
> > list some while ago.
> > Any web-site?
>
> I recently uploaded some conversions to FT for the FASA Trek ships,
mainly
> the Federation and Klingon ships that had minis produced.
> http://starranger.homestead.com/Trek.html
>
> Straight Fleet Book rules were used except I created Disruptors for
the
> Klingons (and got it reviewed by Oerjan for points balance):
>	Disruptor - Mass 3, 2 arcs, +1 mass for a 3rd arc.  Cost is 3x
Mass.
> Fired as a Pulse Torp but instead of a damage roll, a fixed 2 points
of
> damage are inflicted.  Screens have no effect, and if armoured, 1
point of
> damage to the outer layer of armour and 1 point to the next layer (2nd
layer
> of armour or hull depending on design)
>
> Someday I should get the Romulans done, and then I'm off to the SFB
ships.
> Also with Decipher now owning most of the Star Trek gaming rights and
having
> hired most of the people who were working on Trek for Last Unicorn
Games,