Prev: RE: [DS] Steve Gibson's Infantry Expansion Next: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

RE: [DS] Steve Gibson's Infantry Expansion

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:20:27 -0700
Subject: RE: [DS] Steve Gibson's Infantry Expansion

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 15:37:13 +1000
From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
Subject: RE: [DS] Steve Gibson's Infantry  Expansion (was: [FT]
Traveller
Fighter Groups)

>G'day David,

>>Has anyone else actually used these?
>>Do the points cost actually work out?

>We haven't used them a lot and I haven't really sat down and thought
about
>the costs for myself, but the few times we have used them we didn't see

>anything too weird happen.

>Cheers

>Beth

I can second that; haven't used them much but they didn't seem obviously
broken (not that I am a professional play-tester, mind you). I played a
"conventional" DS force against a Space Marine style force that used the
point system to represent Terminators, assault marines with jump packs,
and
some other stuff I am not remembering at the moment.

Ndege Diamond--Nezach(at)earthlink(dot)net
    http://home.earthlink.net/~nezach/
     "A witty saying proves nothing."
	  - Voltaire (1694-1778)

P.S. John Rebori: please check your email client options, your HTML is