Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:09:05 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

From: "Derk Groeneveld" <derk@cistron.nl>
> Besides, is it truly politically acceptable NOT to have a human in the
> loop of a weapon of (mass?) destruction? Do you think it will BECOME
> acceptable?

>From the moment somebody threw a stone we had weapons that are not
controlled after the human sends it off. Everything else is a matter of
degree. I don't see how, in a space battle, sending off missiles or
semi-autonomous fighters would be unacceptable.

The criterium for whether an automatic weapon is acceptable are the
likely
risks compared to expected benefits. And humans make errors too.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI