Prev: Re: Support the Origins Awards! Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:47:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

--- Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl> wrote:
> Besides, is it truly politically acceptable NOT to
> have a human in the
> loop of a weapon of (mass?) destruction? Do you
> think it will BECOME
> acceptable?

You mean like a nuclear tipped cruise missile? or
an ICBM? What's the difference between launching
an AI drone fighter and launching a cruise missile?

I will say that a cessna flown by a weekend flyer
would probably find it a lot easier to negotiate
with a manned aircraft intercepting him than he
would a SAM. In other words, until not only
intelligence, but also good judgement is included
in the AI package, humans will still have at least
one role.

Prev: Re: Support the Origins Awards! Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI