Prev: [SG2] Pics of extra African (SGP-09 and up) range? Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:47:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 1:53 PM

> Well in "my" :) Universe AI's are truly predictable.	First you
> make them (a large investment) then you spend years training
> them.  After 4 or 5 years their intelligence exceeds that of
> humans for about a  year.  Then the things start getting erratic
> and the information becomes disconnected from reality as they
> invent their own little universe.
>
> Needless to say they are expensive, you not only need to make
> the AIs you need constant attention from highly trained
> individuals and the time to internalization to their own
> private universe is highly variable.	You don't want something
> that could flake out at an moment piloting a fighter, especially
> when it has come to grips with the concepts of death.
>
> PSB, can't remember what book I stole it from.
>
> Roger

Try the Larry Niven universe (man-kzinti wars, etc).

>[Bri] This helps the equasion (unless you play like Bif
>and ignore squadron orginization).

Hey, I do use squadren organisation (sometimes)<G>. Normally, I don`t
use
fighters, prefering starships with big guns <G>. One rule I use all the
time
is the moral rules, because against the heavy PDS I fly, unless used in
overwhelming numbers, they either die or run (which suits me <G>).

BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: [SG2] Pics of extra African (SGP-09 and up) range? Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI