Prev: RE: [FT] Defensive system ideas Next: Re: [OT] NKE's

Re: [FT]SML question

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:22:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT]SML question

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@horusinc.com>

> The other problem is rather psychological. Where do you find all these
> highly-skilled pilots for suicide mission after suicide mission?

Never needed to, just one suicide mission per pilot    ;-)

I grant you that fighters have a high attrition rate.  If you count that
as
being "pilots lost", I don't see how anyone (except Islamic Fed and
possibly
KraVak) could sustain such operations.	However, if you count it as
"combat
power losses" you could explain it away as "you've expended your
disposible
ordinance and countermeasures, the eenmy has figured out your ECM, and
your
drones are gone" without necessarily losing all your pilots.  Or you
could
add "pilot recovery" -- would be a good job for those

Prev: RE: [FT] Defensive system ideas Next: Re: [OT] NKE's