Prev: RE: [FT]SML question Next: [FT] Defensive system idea: MRIM

Re: Taking pictures...

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 01:50:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Taking pictures...

At 7:20 AM +0200 6/19/01, Derk Groeneveld wrote:

>Umm. Wid open diaphragm = f-stop setting ;) Some are taken with a low
>f-stop (wide open diaphragm) others with a high one.

Heh...don't you love differences in language. A Diaphram here in the
US is something _very_ different...(not unlike the British term for
an American Galoshes to speak of another similar item...)

>  > Have you a macro lens? Try the Macro lens adaptors with a wide
angle
>>  up close. Thats how you get neat effects of the big huge gun held by
>>  the tiny girl (Trinity in the Matrix, "Dodge this!").
>
>Yes, they were taken with a macro lense on the digital camera.
Sometimes I
>was so close I noticed the camera moving the miniature ;)

I have a really nice set of macro lens attachments for a 35mm camera
(those old fashioned Film types). Naturally my sister has the camera
right now, but I have the little lenses. Very handy for small stuff.

>Without all the preparation stuff, I'm at 9 minutes per figure. Let's
say
>you have a 500 figure range. That makes it 4500 minutes work, or 75
hours
>CONTINUOUS work. I'd say you can get no more than 25 of this in a week,
so
>that's 3 weeks spent just getting the pictures sorted. That's hardly
>neglegible.

But nothing on a massive scale of work. Spread that out over a few
months and its not bad. Thats what I was looking for.

I'll let the thread rest so Andy doens't kill me on sight.... :)
- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: RE: [FT]SML question Next: [FT] Defensive system idea: MRIM