Prev: RE: [FT]SML question Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

RE: [FT]SML question

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:04:50 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT]SML question

At 7:41 AM -0400 6/18/01, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:
>True.
>
>FB indicates in the flavor text the SHORTEST turn-arround-time between
jumps
>is 6 hours. I would suggest making this a little random (as some ships
are
>not as efficient as others and some are need a little longer do to
service
>wear). I would suggest 6-8 hours (5 hours + 0.5(1d6) rounded up).
>
>Using 15 minutes per turn this would be 24-32 turns before the tug
could
>jump out of the system. Using 7.5 minute turns it would be 48-64 turns.
>
>If jumping in, dropping the stingships, jumping out, recharging,
jumping in,
>picking up the stingships and jumping back out. It would be a minimum
of 96
>turns (192 turns using 7.5).

Frankly if we were able to develop a system for larger system wide
engagements, (hundreds of square tables (table being a subjective
measurement)), then I'd have an different tactic in mind for small
ships. FTL way off the detection range of the ships/outposts in the
target system and move in under normal drives and a pretty low thrust
(just like in Honor Harrington). Perhaps several days off of the FTL
limit and launch the smaller ships closer in (or even from the
initial FTL point. The pickup point would be somewhere else, but pre
arranged). The tug would then make a move to that location depending
on the time. The pickup vessel could also be separate and would be
ready there already too.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: RE: [FT]SML question Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site