Prev: RE: Sensors Next: [DS2] Full Metal Ogre Playtest 7f (Long)

Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:36:32 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Randall L Joiner wrote:

> And not being computer literate is _not_ an acceptable answer.  If
> you're going to be on the net, you'd better be computer literate or
find
> someone who is.  The consequences are to high for everyone otherwise.

Ah? The world is going to end? Innocent people will die? Or...?

Seriously, let's not overexagerate this. Yes, I'm as annoyed as everyone
else with people on the net who have no clue what they are doing,
posting
MIME_encoded messages to newsgroups, sending HTML in mail & news etc.
But
face it, who's going to suffer if a trader has a poor website? Noone but
the trader.

> Frankly, my assumption is, if you don't have pictures of what you're
> selling on the net, then you don't want me to see it.  If you don't
want
> me to see it, you've got something to hide, and whatever you want to
> hide, you can keep it.

This sounds about as paranoid as most of the UFO stories. Does it take
all
that much to imagine that a good few of the miniature traders are
hobbiests scraping a living off their hobby? Many simply can't AFFORD to
spend the time to make a website with a great deal of pictures (since
only
a few pictures is not acceptable), and they can't afford to have it done
for them, either. It's not like they're sneakily becoming millionaires
or
such.

I do agree with not buying unseen miniatures, to the extent that in case
of doubt I'll order a few samples, and THEN decide to go for the big
order
or not. And yes, I do _like_ fully illustrated catalogues online, and it
sure is likely to make me lean that way when ordering. But please, knock
it off with the conspiracy theories?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7LiAMJXH58oo6ncURAhcGAKDRn19l33kGtDW6fJbNK7su4iG9KQCfVTad
Bo4BsDBdpWC07MFQTXSfbJ0=
=YA+z

Prev: RE: Sensors Next: [DS2] Full Metal Ogre Playtest 7f (Long)