Prev: Re: Gurkhas uploaded Next: Re: [SG] - WAS Re: Ghurka's uploaded NOW whip antenna and old gamers...

[SG] - WAS Re: Ghurka's uploaded NOW whip antenna and old gamers...

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:59:38 -0400
Subject: [SG] - WAS Re: Ghurka's uploaded NOW whip antenna and old gamers...

Hi folks,

That fishing line suggestion is a good one.  I'd never heard that one
before either.	If someone tries it for 25mm and it works ok, let us
know.

>Just out of curiosity, I have thought about adding antenna in the past
but
>wasn't sure whether to do it to all of figs in a unit or just the
"command".
>What do the rest of you do?

I use brass rod.  Really thin stuff for infantry figures (whip antenna
on
my NAC radiomen, didn't do it on the Gurkhas yet...  it works well for
this, but you run into space problems in figure cases if you are using
cases, like the ones done by chessex, that have regular size spaces for
the
figures - having a whip antenna sticking up can get caught in the foam.
just have to be careful, though, and it isn't a big problem).

For vehicles, more brass rod again.  Mix of the thin stuff and some
slightly thicker.  I use this rod for rifle barrels too - particularly
on
the NAC sniper figure.	I don't like the "barrel-less" design of their
sniper rifle (a laser, I think), so I add a brass barrel about 1cm long,
and it looks much better IMO.

>> One of the younger members of the club recently made the comment "If
you
>> don't know that much about warhammer, why are your paint jobs so good

>> (referring to my 'High Elves')?"
>
>And did you say something like "Don't forget, I used to play warhammer
in
>the days before slotta bses... Warhammer 40k when it was still rogue
>trader... Back when Games Workshop still did _affordable_ and _fast_
mail
>order... Back when you were still in diapers on your mothers teat, I
was
>painting my dwarven army... (Ugh! I just realized this is actually true
>for some of them. Ack! I feel old all of the sudden....) So don't think
>don't know warhammer just because I have since matured to better
>pastures..."

Ok, here we go... the "back in the old days" stuff has started...

"Back in my day, dice were wood burning, I tell you.  We had to roll
them
on a crooked table that only had one leg.  Actually, it was a rock.
Yessir, a rock.  And we had to walk for 10 miles uphill to get to the
gaming club, and then 10 miles back uphill to get home again.  Through
SNOW
up to your ears, I tell you.  Yessir, kids were tough back then.  Our
mass
battle table top rules consisted of lining up our figures on either side
of
the table and throwing rocks at them and each other.  Tougher, they
were, I
tell you.  And now that I think about it, the figures were rocks too.
Our
dice had only 2 sides, and we were *grateful* do you understand me!
None
of this fancy "12-sided" and "20-sided" stuff.	Feh.  Let me tell you,
back
in my day, gamers were REAL MEN!"

Adrian Johnson

Prev: Re: Gurkhas uploaded Next: Re: [SG] - WAS Re: Ghurka's uploaded NOW whip antenna and old gamers...