Prev: Re: Ghurka's uploaded Next: Re: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)

RE: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:48:46 -0500
Subject: RE: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)

> My asteroids are bits of sponge that I dyed black, cut into chunky
bits
> (plucking with fingers made good 'pits') then drybrushed grey.  They
look
> really good - although a good sneeze will clear an asteroid field from
the
> table! :)
>
> How do you the rest of you folks do them?

Lava rock used for landscaping around trees and shrubs.

Select a weird and interesting looking one from the thousands lying
around
trees in my yard, drill hole, squirt in glue, instert stand...done.

Actually I do wash them first, glue in fender washers into the bottom
cavity
of the base to make them more stable, and clear coat them so they don't
leave dust everywhere but you don't have to follow these steps if you
don't
want to.

The lava rocks used for gas grills are the same thing and the used ones
actually have some nice character too.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/

Prev: Re: Ghurka's uploaded Next: Re: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)