Prev: Re: [FT] Space Vikings, Independent FT Uuniverses Next: Re: Gurkhas uploaded

Re: [FT]SML question

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:28:01 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT]SML question

On 15-Jun-01 at 01:49, Bif Smith (bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk) wrote:
> A quick question regarding SML`s. I want to use a SML with limited
arcs (or
> more limited than present), and was wondering if mass 2 for a 2 arc
> lancher, and mass 1 for a 1 arc launcher sounds reasonable? (at normal
x3
> cost).
>
> Also, in a campain, how would you people work the building rule to
prevent
> pure fighter forces (ie-fighters used as offence, with the carriers
> withdrawing and picking up new fighters at cheaper cost than a
starship?),
> or using "stingboats/LAC`s" with FTL tugs (which for the same mass are
> cheaper than a normal FTL warship, if the tug withdraws/is
reuseable?).

With the fighters we just rule that they are so short range that if
the carrier withdraws the fighters surrender.  Of course we are
playing human-human and assume reasonable prisoner exchange.

As for the LAC's, let the chips fall where they may.  We do roll a
chance for an intercept of the tug though. :)

Prev: Re: [FT] Space Vikings, Independent FT Uuniverses Next: Re: Gurkhas uploaded