Prev: [FT]SML question Next: RE: Gurkhas uploaded

RE: [FT]SML question

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:00:22 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT]SML question

On Friday, June 15, 2001 3:51 PM, Bif Smith
[SMTP:bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk]
wrote:
> A quick question regarding SML`s. I want to use a SML with limited
arcs
(or
> more limited than present), and was wondering if mass 2 for a 2 arc
lancher,
> and mass 1 for a 1 arc launcher sounds reasonable? (at normal x3
cost).
It would probably make them too cheap in mass.

> Also, in a campain, how would you people work the building rule to
prevent
> pure fighter forces (ie-fighters used as offence, with the carriers
> withdrawing and picking up new fighters at cheaper cost than a
starship?),
> or using "stingboats/LAC`s" with FTL tugs (which for the same mass are
> cheaper than a normal FTL warship, if the tug withdraws/is
reuseable?).
Force the carriers to stay on the table.  If they FTL away, any
squadrons
from that carrier automatically surrender.  Same with the tugs.  Using
carriers and tugs may be useful, but if you manage to engage them, in
the
long term, that player loses.
You could possibly arrange house rules for sneak attacks on their
carriers
and tugs to force combat upon them.
With my campaign rules, I also added in an extra cost for replacement
pilots.  You get 9 pilots per squadron to start and must pay 10 points
per
replacement pilot.  Losing pilots can get expensive fast.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta

Prev: [FT]SML question Next: RE: Gurkhas uploaded