Prev: Re: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd) Next: RE: beams and shooting at fighters

Re: [FT] Campaign vs Scenario Game Balance

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:52:08 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Campaign vs Scenario Game Balance

As far as I can tell the only real difference between campaign
play and scenario play is in a campaign you have a pretty good
idea of what your opponent is going to be bringing to the
table.	Sure, she can pay the penalties and bring in a brand
new class of ship, but it isn't going to be a fleet you aren't
expecting.

So, the probing battles determine your opponent is carrier
heavy.	Refits occur, you lose weapons and add PDS's.  The
game runs on.

In a scenario often you have no clue about your opponents
ships unless  you are playing FB-only ships.

How would I correct this?  Pretty easy for a ref.  Both
sides show up with ships.  You hand a copy of all SSDs
to everyone involved.  Both sides are then allowed to
make mods totalling no more than, say, 15% on the
existing ships.

Prev: Re: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd) Next: RE: beams and shooting at fighters