Prev: Re: beams and shooting at fighters Next: Re: Ghurka's uploaded

Re: beams and shooting at fighters

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:36:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: beams and shooting at fighters

On 14-Jun-01 at 10:32, Derk Groeneveld (derk@cistron.nl) wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Roger Books wrote:
>
> > We have a house rule that ADFC allows you to fire
> > at _any_ fighters within 6 inches.	Doesn't seem
> > to have any negative impact that we have seen and
> > makes ADFC escorts go out and hunt down fighters.
>

> Actually, that does seem to be the negative impact. Big ships 'hunting
> down fighters' strikes me as silly, as fighters SHOULD easily be able
> stay out of reach if they want to.

Even with this fighters can easily stay out of the way of big ships,
they just can't sit with impunity.  If the fighter pilots are
too stupid to avoid where the ships can be they deserve to lose
that combat endurance moving out of the way.

Prev: Re: beams and shooting at fighters Next: Re: Ghurka's uploaded