Prev: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs

RE: [ds2] Random Events chart for DS2

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:09:10 -0400
Subject: RE: [ds2] Random Events chart for DS2

I would be interested in such a list.
I have never played ASL, so I can't comment on it.
I have played Ogre games with randomized reinforcements (or random order
of
reinforcements).

Other good ideas are:
 - HQ has changed the Artillery's priority (no artillery available for x
turns)
 - Aircraft shot down by enemy aircraft, crash lands on table.
 - Same as above, but must medevac plane crew
 - Same as above, but must destroy spy plane before it is captured.
 - Civilians bolt from building or bunker
 - Animal stampede (dust or flying animals may block LOS)
 - Withdraw ordered by HQ once force reaches point X on map.
 - Flank collapse. Opponent gains 1 unit entering on your rear flank.
 - Earthquake (watch for falling buildings, land slides, etc.)
 - Timetable moved up. Must complete mission in x turns.
 - Sniper takes out random leader - unit confidence check and normal
leader
replacement procedures.
 - Dud Ammo. All weapons that use ammo of a specific type (HVC, MDC,
GMS,
etc.) are treated as 'Firer System Down' if they draw a Zero (0) chit.
 - Space battle debris. Treat as a randomly placed open sheaf artillery
attack. Choose each end of the artillery line randomly. Everything
within 2"
of the line between the 2 points are hit by the debris. This could be a
very
small area or run the entire length of the board.
 - Solar Flare/EMP. No communication for X turns (this has more effect
in
SG2).
 - Flash flood. A 12" wide flood runs from a random clock point on the
table
edge to a random clockpoint clock point on the table edge (must be at
least
2 clock points difference) following the lowest terrain on the table (if
there it a river or stream on the table that it intersects, it will
follow
that path off the table). This area is treated as swamp.
 - Wildfire. Fighting has caused a wildfire. Fire spreads downwind 2"
per
turn in most terrain and 4" per turn in cultivated, or woods. It spreads
half as fast (1", 2") in other directions. Smoke obscures LOS. Fire
burns in
an area for 4 turns. Burnt areas are treated as Rough.
Effects if Caught in Smoke:
Non-PA Infantry:	1 chit attack (Red Valid)
Vehicles:		1/2 movement max due to reduced vision
Effects if Caught in Fire:
Non-PA Infantry:	1 chit attack (All Valid)
PA Infantry:		1 chit attack (1/2 Value, All Valid)
CFE Vehicles:	       1 chit attack (All Valid)
Other Vehicles: 	1 chit attack (1/2 Value, All Valid)
Engineering Units:
Engineering units can keep a fire within 12" from spreading. They can
put
out 6" diameter of fire per round.
 - Ground Thaw. Winter battle where ground thaws. Wheeled and Tracked
vehicles and all Infantry pay 1 extra movement point per inch due to
mud.
 - Opponent frequency broke. Uncover all of opponents hidden units.
 - Deploy Decoys. You may place 2 units on the board. These units are
decoys, and may not attack, but may move as the vehicles they represent.
 - Deploy Hidden Units. You may place 2 units on the board on the edge
of
woods, edge of an urban area, or on the side of a hill. (Care needs to
be
used in what forces are allowed, so as not to disrupt game balance).

-----
Brian Bell
-----

defenses,arty/air