Prev: Re: Painting FT models Next: Re: Re: Painting FT models

Re: Painting FT models

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:21:14 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Painting FT models

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> ***
> Ah... I seem to have received plastic bases, as opposed to the lead
ones
> you describe. I guess lead ones are more stable? Where do you get the
lead
> bases from?
> ***
>
> In the US only, I think.

Ugh.

> As an aside, I've broken too many plastic posts on ships not to
question
> them, too.

I've done that, too, with old Citadel mini's which were mounted on such
posts. Don't ask me what mini's, this is back in '88 or something ;)

I may just use the plastic stands for painting and look around for metal
stands. Suggestions for a european supplier'd be welcome. I checked the
GZG catalog but could only find reference to metal _posts_.

> ***
> Still doesn't quite solve the transport question, though?
> ***
>
> Have you tried cutting a slit into a foam roughly thick as the base
post is
> high? The ships can be pushed in, with the body of the ship above, and
the
> base below.

Mmm. I'm a bit reluctant to go for foam. I used to store my 25mm mini's
in
foam, and looking at the abrasive damage that did, over time, compared
the magnabase storage I use now, I'd rather find another option.

Although I guess if the mini's are held above the foam, the problem
should be less (they can't move across the foam)

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7J2qEJXH58oo6ncURAllCAJ0UAlqYYTEZSf9FVOaX71jNYK5qWACfU5tj
/vZF6t/qZfFaipVjkS/4XGM=
=7/8V

Prev: Re: Painting FT models Next: Re: Re: Painting FT models