Prev: Re: Shipping Cost from the UK Next: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

Re: [FT] 2nd CanAm

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:41:30 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] 2nd CanAm

From: "David Griffin" <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com>

> --- Chris DeBoe <LASERLIGHT@QUIXNET.NET>
>
> >	2. Each player gets 2 CH or 4 CL or 8 DD.
>
> Why only one ship? What about a mixed fleet
> (CH, CL, 2 DD's or some such)?

quite possible

> >	3. If half your group is knocked out, you get
> > another half-group as
> > reinforcements--repeat as needed.
>
> What are the exit criteria. Couldn't this go on
> forever?

Time limit.

> >	4. Of course, the winner is the one who does the
> > most with the least
>
> How so, what are the victory conditions?

Didn't I just say?  Or do you want a specific formula (which I'll
probably
come up with this evening while I'm pretending to pay attention to the
meeting)?

> >	5. Hitting the planet (or neutron star,
> > whatever) will still be a bad
> > thing--but very amusing.
> >

> Wouldn't hitting a planet destroy you?

see "bad thing" above

> Are you allowing orbits, and if so, how would they
> be accomplished.

At this past GZGECC the planet had different magnitude of gravity at
different range bands, and you could kind of slingshot around (which is
what
TomB did).  IIRC we decided that "the effect of gravity is based on your

Prev: Re: Shipping Cost from the UK Next: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?