Prev: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs

Re: [FT] 2nd CanAm

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:30:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] 2nd CanAm

--- Chris DeBoe <LASERLIGHT@QUIXNET.NET> wrote:
...  I'm considering the following:

>     1. Cinematic (and it's *staying* cinematic this
> time--you have plenty of
> time to practice)

Cinematic favors ships with liberal firing arcs
since you can't spin to the place you think the
enemy will be.

>     2. Each player gets 2 CH or 4 CL or 8 DD.

Why only one ship? What about a mixed fleet
(CH, CL, 2 DD's or some such)?

>     3. If half your group is knocked out, you get
> another half-group as
> reinforcements--repeat as needed.

What are the exit criteria. Couldn't this go on
forever?

>     4. Of course, the winner is the one who does the
> most with the least

How so, what are the victory conditions?

>     5. Hitting the planet (or neutron star,
> whatever) will still be a bad
> thing--but very amusing.

Wouldn't hitting a planet destroy you? Are you
allowing orbits, and if so, how would they
be accomplished. I always thought it would be
nice to have rules where you could slingshot
around a planet, picking up speed.

Prev: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs