Prev: Re: [OT] Trek shielding (was Re: Kinetic Shields) Next: RE: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

Re: [OT] Trek shielding (was Re: Kinetic Shields)

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:05:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Trek shielding (was Re: Kinetic Shields)

> That's why there is some play in what this
> system ultimately looks like. To me, as long
> as it addresses all forms of damage and makes
> a difference in terms of damage taken, it's
> along the right road (even if it doesn't shield
> from all damage every round).

For simplicity, I've just been using armor (and screens) to simulate ST
shields, and allowing DC parties to repair damaged armor to simulate
bringing shields back online.  Its been working out very well, and since
the
rule applies to all ships, hasn't been unbalancing so far.  Now, this
wont
work if combining Trek with another genre, since the Trek ships will be
getting something for nothing (regenerating armor), bit it does seem to
work
very well inside the genre.

George

Prev: Re: [OT] Trek shielding (was Re: Kinetic Shields) Next: RE: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust