Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: Weapon Modelling

Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:22:46 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters

> --- Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>
> > > STARWARS:
> >
> > [terrible aspersions against imperial fighters and
> > pilots deleted]
> >
> > You have made the terrible mistake of confusing the
> > imperials inability to hit and kill named characters
> with an inabilty to hit anything at all. ...

> I used the death star as the guide; to make things
> come out right the approx. 700 death star fighters
> were assigned 100 to each of the six arcs, with
> 100 in reserve.
> The 32 rebel fighters were divided 9 to the
> death star assault and the remainder providing
> cover to the assault force.
> The 23 rebel covering fighters must destroy
> 94 imperial fighters leaving 6 to attack the
> assault force.
> The was I presented the fighters allows this
> to happen, or be reasonably close.
> XXX

It's not exactly as if the Imperial fighters form a wall through which
the
Rebels must batter through. It's enough if the escorts engage enough of
the
interceptors to allow the bombers in the confusion to slip through to
their
targets. So 23 rebel fighters don't have to be the equal of 100 TIE for
the
above operation

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: Weapon Modelling