Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

RE: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 14:35:15 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

On Thursday, June 07, 2001 1:21 PM, Jeremy Seeley
[SMTP:jseeley2@qwest.net]
wrote:
> However, there is a twist to it.  It is reminiscent of the SPELLJAMMER
stuff
> from the AD&D days.  Basically, I am planning to use enchanted items
as
the
> technology (i.e. use magic items for all of the ship systems).
Granted,
it
> being enchanted items, the mass will have to be tweaked (i.e. how big
is a
> ballista?).
>
> My question is, what scale should I use for mass?  Assuming "ancient"
ships
> (galleons, viking ships, etc), what would I mass them at?  That is the
> initial question, because after that it would not be too hard to plug
in
the
> rest.  I just need something to base it all on.  HELP.

Doing some quick internet referencing, the seaworthy viking ships ranged
between 2000 lbs & 6000 lbs with crew of 15-25.

If you use 100 lbs displacement per mass, it should fit into the FT
construction quite nicely.

EG:  Space Longship
Mass: 40 (4000 lbs displacement)
Hull: Average
Damage: 12; 3/3/3/3
CF: 2 (~ 40 crew members, needs extra to man weapons)
FTL: Yes
MD: 4
Firecons: 2
Bow Catapult (F) [Pulsetorp - seems to fit the all or nothing plunging
fire]
Port Ballista (FP/AP) [Class 3 battery)
Starboard Ballista (FS/AS) [Class 3 battery]
# If cargo space is required (above normal supplies) delete the Bow
Catapult.
*****
Hope this is some help.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
[FITS-DP] World Cup Team: Australia II

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays