Prev: fighter basing Next: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters. Incomplete.

[SG2] small squad/fireteam thought

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:18:35 -0400
Subject: [SG2] small squad/fireteam thought

Squads are 8 man. But they often manouvre as
4. It gives much more flexibility to have two
small squads, but they really are the same
entity.

Idea:
Squad of 8, broken into 2 fireteams of 4. Two
actions each (as one activation). Get one
leadership/quality counter and one morale
counter. Casualties or other events to either
affects morale of the whole (consequently they
test as one - suppressing one might cause a
test for the unit though it may not suppress the
other half thus it can still act after surviving the
test). Fireteams must stay inside QUALITY
inches of each other or they are disorganized
and must reorg.

This sort of represents a combination of the
freedom of movement shared by actual
fireteams in a well trained force with the fact
that the morale really should account for the
fact they ARE still part of the same squad who
spends time and endures danger together.

An activation passed from  higher command can
1) activate one fireteam for two actions
2) activate the other fireteam for two actions
or
3) activate each fireteam for one more action

For your consideration. I think I'm gonna try
this next time I play.

Tomb Raider

Prev: fighter basing Next: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters. Incomplete.