Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

From: "Jerry Acord" <acord@i...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:07:58 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

"David Griffin" <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Doesn't this make for small ships in the
> Tuffleyverse relative to some other genre
> universes? A 250 Mass SDN would be 25,000
> tons. I've seen various ships described in
> various genres up to millions of tons.
>
> How much does a big carrier like the Nimitz
> or a battleship like the New Jersey or the
> Yamato weigh?

The USS Eisenhower weighs roughly 100,000 tonnes.  The space shuttle is
(again, roughly) 100 tonnes.  I forget where I got those numbers, but I
got
them a while back when I was doing some relativistic problems in grad
school...

-- Jerry Acord

Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays