Prev: RE: Re: fighter bases Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:18:44 -0500
Subject: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

I sent my first post on the subject intending none further because I
recalled how tough this got last time. I must say no one's mother has
been
insulted this time. ;->=

There's plenty of PSB available to justify making launching more
difficult,
unless you are willing to make the bay facilities open to space, and any
incoming. Makes sense to me that launch tubes/catapults/ports would
protect
the bay itself, with personnel. YMMV as to how much game effect it has.

As far as balancing costs for larger numbers of fighters, one thing that
came up for me was the concept of 'traffic control'. Admittedly, the
control for individual squadrons can be rolled into the group itself,
with
a little worked into the bay cost, but as you get more squadrons, I'd
think
costly centralized control could be PSB'd, If you require a fleet
hierarchy, say, one TC per 6 squadrons, and one Fighter CiC per 6 TC's,
be built into a ship or ships, this could also offset the nonlinear
improvement some folks have mentioned.

Working out costs, and the effects of losses due to threshold hits, if
you
wish, begins to beggar my imagination, but it's offered as a direction.
Just, could we look into something similar for SM's? ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: Re: fighter bases Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays