Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:23:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

--- Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:
> David Griffin wrote:
>
> > Like I said, not a major factor. There (along
> > with missiles aka drones), but not that
> > big a deal. I can count the number of times
> > fighters showed up in our SFB games on
> > one hand. Maybe we were atypical, but the
> > game and the genre is about big ships with
> > big guns.
>
> By genre you mean ST?
I was using Star Trek (ST) as an example
of a genre that isn't hot on fighters. In FASA
there WERE no fighters. In SFB there were,
but they were more of a harassing influence
than a dominating one as they are (or can
be) in Full Thrust.

So, if you are playing Full Thrust in the Star
Trek universe, there's no reason you would
(as an example) expect fighters. Why? Well
if you give Starfleet some credit for intelligence,
it's probably for some good reason. Maybe
they can't carry hot enough guns to hurt the
ships through their shields.

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays