Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 18:47:28 -0400
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

> For instance, let's take Star Trek. Not a lot of
> fighters there. Even in SFB the only game where
> fighters appeared in the ST universe, fighters
> were not a major force in the game. The Feds only
> had 1 carrier model and it didn't show up too
> often in games I played anyway.

For the Kzinti, fighters are critical in SFB, as well as the Hydrans.

Also, while it was not stressed, at least in the Next Generation time
line
of Trek, fighters were indeed present.	There are mentions of them once
or
twice in ST:TNG, and in at least one episode of DS9, when the Federation
was
re-taking the station (I beleive, I did not follow that show well),
Sisco
gave orders to fighter groups when deploying the fleet for the battle.

George

Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays