Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:35:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Yes, all that is true, but you get into the rock
scissors paper syndrome. Super figher boy can take
out super gun boy. Super pds boy can take out super
fighter boy. Super gun boy can take out super pds boy.

In order to be able to play the same fleet on a
more or less consistent basis, this kind of extreme
fleet has to be avoided. This is especially true if
you're not allowed to know what your opponent is
taking. Large amounts of ordinance tends to get
exponentially annoying.

If you know you're opponent is taking a ton of
fighter groups, you can take lots of pds and
interceptor carriers and I do. I just find that
the regular carrier with moderate pds seems to
balance pretty well.

Sometimes my PDS ADFC defense network gets the
fighters and sometimes the fighters get me.